Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10759) Alltemperate Bug

To: michael@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10759) Alltemperate Bug
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:14:35 -0700

Finaly, this morning i find the bug, this is not in the code but in the
rulesset, and this explains too why sometime this fail with low landmass
in a size 1 maps

this is because there are only feu terrains type with starter falg!

Grassland and plains only, there are no cold terrains with starter

a good gen-terrains ruleset need at last one terrains type with starter
flag for all climatic zones,

if temperature is set to 0 in a alltemperate map all near oceans map
will get as cold  and all high terrains too then probably all map is
tundra, mountains, hill, forest and maybe dessert, no terrains has
starter flags and code fail to count goodies ! in tiny maps there are no
room for 30 players!

to be solve we need to allow startpos to find start pos in more terrains
types, maybe in forest! (there are in all region) or in tundra (the only
plains type of terrains in cold regions) start pos work to get the best
place with a maxium of goodies!! but we has to allow it to see on more
terrains types

Marcelo