Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10734) SVG flags

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10734) SVG flags
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:20:19 -0700

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> > But these flags were acquired from outside sources; it would be best not
> > to modify them directly in case we want to grab a new version later.
> >
> > For me it seems best to dispense with the black border line.

I do not think this is a good idea. The black border is a classic feature
of such images precisely for the reason that _sometimes_ the background
image will be indistinguishable from the used image. For this reason
showing a single example does not prove that the black line is not needed.

I do not think we need to concerned about upstream changes. Flags do not
change very often, and if upstream changes, is it really likely that we
will be informed of it?

  - Per