Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10734) SVG flags

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10734) SVG flags
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:03:50 -0700

Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

> Regarding the border, AFAIK SVG does indeed allow you to draw lines with
> any thickness you wish, so this should be possible to make in the SVG drawing.
> I would prefer this to be so, rather than requiring even more tools.
> Besides, some clients may wish to render the SVG directly in the future.

But these flags were acquired from outside sources; it would be best not
to modify them directly in case we want to grab a new version later.

For me it seems best to dispense with the black border line.  Compare
the two attached images.  Is the new one any worse?  But perhaps when
the terrain/background conflicts with the flag color it is important to
have the border.

jason

PNG image

PNG image