Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10361) Change to whale special

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10361) Change to whale special
From: "Brett Albertson" <brett.albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:31:46 -0700

I'd like to voice my opinion against changing whales to be less
powerful.  I like to build my early cities near the ocean for trade and
food production (and later an offshore platform).  Early in the game, it
is hard to have any decent shield production out of those cities without
a whale.  Also, on a historical basis, places like Norway, Iceland, and
Japan would have been very resource poor without whaling.

--
Brett Albertson
brett.albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx