Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7417) Data: new nation BOSNIA!

To: berberdo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7417) Data: new nation BOSNIA!
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 00:58:03 -0700

> [berberdo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Wed Sep 22 12:37:24 2004]:
The word "Nation" has two meanings:
- A part, or division, of the people of the earth, distinguished from
the rest by common descent, language, or institutions; a race; a stock
- A politically organized body of people under a single a government
(These words are also homonims in German, but I'm not sure)

You have to distinguish between Bosnian nation and Bosnia and
Herzegovina Federation.

If we used the flag adopted in 1998 and didn't name the nation "Bosnia
and Herzegovina" we would offend other nations which use this flag.

> hi
> thats not bosnian flag..
> see this:
> http://www.nationalflaggen.de/bosnien_und_herzegowina.htm

Read the text carefully. It explains why this flag is used.

--
mateusz