Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Fwd: Re: Re: (PR#8164) building out of a builddir: ge

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Fwd: Re: Re: (PR#8164) building out of a builddir: generate_packets.py]
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:09:51 -0700

Marko Lindqvist wrote:

>>  - Added comments to Makefile.ams. I still modified only those
>>Makefiles that absolutely had to be modified to make this work. I'll
>>unify rest of the Makefiles once wording of comment is agreed about.
>

>   Is this comment ok? Especially I'm waiting acceptance from Jason, as
> he originally asked for better comment.
>

>>+## Headers from directories listed before INCLUDE_TYPE_SEPARATOR
>>+## have to be included using quotation marks: #include "header.h"
>>+## top_builddir is after INCLUDE_TYPE_SEPARATOR so config.h can
>>+## be included like this: #include <config.h>

"Headers from directories listed before INCLUDE_TYPE_SEPARATOR should be
included using quotation marks (#include "header.h"); those after
INCLUDE_TYPE_SEPARATOR should use brackets (#include <header.h>).
$(top_builddir) is after INCLUDE_TYPE_SEPARATOR so that config.h can be
included using brackets."

Or something like that.  You say what it means to be before the
SEPARATOR but not what it means to be after.

>>+## Note -I../intl instead of -I$(top_srcdir/intl) is deliberate.

Perhaps this should just be changed to -I$(top_builddir)/intl, just to
be clearer?

jason