Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9942) planned unit movement

To: lakatoszoltan@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9942) planned unit movement
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 01:27:45 -0700

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Guest wrote:
> Rejecting move packets sounds very promising.
>
> There are some problem, I faced at first tests:
> -Unit order is crucial at conquering a city. Better, if cruisers
> (stronger) attack first and then come the horsemen.

They should move and attack in the order that you set the gotos. This is
not easy to implement, but is the only sane way to do it, as far as I can
see.

> -Fighters have only fuel for one turn, they have to return after
> attack. I considered a GOTO-ATTACK-RETURN command proper.

If you do not set movement to zero, this is no problem. The fighter will
return automatically on turn end. The server does this for you if you have
enough movement points left.

  - Per