Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9763) Not fair: get_defender() fallbacs to tile ar

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9763) Not fair: get_defender() fallbacs to tile arrival time when selecting between equal units.
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:52:12 -0700

Jason Short wrote:
> Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>>Jason Short wrote:
>>>Another problem is get_defender() may differ between server and client.
>>
>>  Do you mean that they may differ now, or were you pointing out that
>>they will differ with proposed solutions?
>
> Both.

  Oh yes, even now server seems to send units in sort of reverse order
when tile is unfogged (not testing, only reading sources, so don't kill
me if I got it wrong). At least that part is trivial to fix.

  Is client allowed to see transported units? Will that remain so? That
is, can we rely on client having all units from a tile if its got one?
That would allow us sending position in list in unit info packet, so
client could construct its lists to same order server has them.

  - Caz