Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6007) Civ3 feature: Different sea types

To: marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx, mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6007) Civ3 feature: Different sea types
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 04:46:50 -0700

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Marcelo Burda wrote:
> terrains_identifier patch is needed
> rm fixed already comited
> FIX blending (best one need a patch )

You change terr_gate in the rulesets. I do not think this is necessary.
The two new ocean types should never be placed adjacent to a city by the
mapgen anyway.

You remove terrain_unused_0. This is (or was?) needed for savegame
compatibility. Please explain why terrain_unused_0 is no longer necessary
or put it back.

Is there a patch for mapgen which generates maps with deep ocean?

Do we really need T_ABYSS? What purpose does it serve in the game which
T_DEEPOCEAN does not already satisfy?

  - Per