Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9637) Ocean numbers

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9637) Ocean numbers
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:05:32 -0700

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

>>2) savegames diverge:
>
> As I understand you traced it to some unconditional jump somewhere.  Is
> this correct?

I think what he's saying is that since the savegames diverge (because of
an unrelated bug) it's impossible to run a full game to verify that the
patch doesn't change behavior.  And any bug here will be much harder to
track down later.

I'll see if I can fix the bug valgrind reported.  But running under
valgrind to 800BC takes a _really_ long time for me.  In future I
recommend using --num-callers=50 with valgrind so you can get a full
backtrace on any errors you find (which may be enough for us to find the
bug without having to re-run valgrind).

jason