Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7363) 1x1 isles.

To: tarje@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7363) 1x1 isles.
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:25:16 -0700

One should probably think "tiny continent" rather than "tiny island" and
not get foolishly hung up on word definitions. The underlying problem was
the inability to attack a single isolated land tile in a sea, which is not
a problem with the current evolution of the code. look back at some of the
earliest versions of code (2-3 years back) to understand how poorly
understood "simplifications" have introduced the buggy limitations and
lost original context.

Cheers,
RossW
=====