Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9182) Paratroopers flag must be last flag in list.

To: geeslaka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9182) Paratroopers flag must be last flag in list.
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:55:07 -0700

So the problem is that if another flag is loaded after the paratroopers
flag, it simply overwrites the range values for the paratrooper?

Seems like we could just get rid of the paratrooper flag.  The range
value (which defaults to 0) is sufficient to indicate whether
paradropping is possible.

Also, why do we need separate loops to load the main unit data and the
flags?  Can't these be done in one loop?  If not can we add an
explanatory comment?  I suspect that they can be in one loop, and the
reason they weren't is because of this paradrop thing (but obviously
erronously).

What about the rumour I heard that only the first paradrop unit in the
ruleset will actually paradrop?  Is this just an incorrect distortion of
the actual bug?

jason