Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9197) Shaking the (Tech) Tree

To: miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9197) Shaking the (Tech) Tree
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 04:53:49 -0700

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 04:18:46AM -0700, Mike Jing wrote:

> While again playing with Techtree 3.0, I tried a few changes to fix some
> annoyances and odd things about the Tech Tree.  Here's what I have done:

First, it is a good idea to make some changes to the techtree.

But per has developped a new mechanism how expensive techs are. Think
the changes on the techtree should be done after that.

> 1. The Republic requires Trade and Philosophy, as suggested by hirisov.
> This delays the Republic quite a bit and makes Monarchy a lot more
> attractive as a first government (other than the default Despotism).

How expensive is republic then?

> 2. Since the Republic has moved up, Banking now requires Literacy instead of
> the Republic.
> 3. Democracy now requires the Republic because Banking no longer depends on
> the Republic.
> 4. Make Communism require the Republic instead of Philosophy.  This change
> is mostly cosmetic since Communism already depends on Trade through Banking.

All changes because the rep, ok.

> 9. Stealth requires Advanced Flight instead of Robotics.  It seems strange
> that you can build stealth aircraft without ever knowing Flight.

I liked it building Stealth Fighters before normal ones.
This change is good.

> There are still a couple of redundancies involving Nuclear Power, but I'm
> not sure what to do with them.  Anyway, the most significant changes are
> those involving the Republic.  Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Good work.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.