Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9147) researchcost proposal

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9147) researchcost proposal
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 10:26:11 -0700

I agree with Ross that we should tread lightly on this issue.  And apart
from eliminating the strategy value of giving away techs, I wonder what
other effect it will have on gameplay.

As Gregory pointed out, the total bulbs needed under the current rules
depends on how many techs you have by 1AD, so it could be considerably
higher than estimated above.  But this could be easily adjusted by
increasing researchcost.

Mike Jing