Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9012) Sorting the metaserver / LAN servers list

To: kg.guests@xxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9012) Sorting the metaserver / LAN servers list
From: "Per Inge Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 01:07:26 -0700

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Com013 wrote:
> This is a small patch that sorts the list of servers so that the server
> with a compatible version, in pregame state and with the most players
> apear at the start.
>
> I wrote this because I got bored of scrolling through the whole list
> just to find the "best" server.
>
> I am sorry, I already sent this to the freeciv-dev list, but noticed it
> didn't create a ticket - I hope it works now.

Client has these columns: server name, port, version, status, players, and
comment. It would be possible, I think, to sort by whatever column header
you click on. If there should be a new unchangable sorting, then I still
want versions to be sorted first, then number of players.

The sorting of versions in this patch does not look good, as 1.14.99 gets
inserted all around while 1.13.0 gets put on the bottom.

+  {
+    char *cur_ver = VERSION_STRING;
+    int dot = 0, incompatible1 = 0, incompatible2 = 0;
+    int i;

Try to avoid these constructs and declare all variables on top instead.

+    if (c != 0) return c;

Always use braces, like this:
  if (c != 0) {
    return c;