Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8672) punit->occupy has no value at the server

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8672) punit->occupy has no value at the server
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:54:55 -0700

James Canete wrote:

> Ok, I can reproduce the infinite loop with this diff.
>
> 1) apply occupy_loop.diff and rebuild
> 2) start server, load infiniteloop.sav.gz
> 3) start game
> 4) waitwaitwaitwait nothing happens
>
> The replacements for punit->occupy with get_transporter_occupancy() fix
> a bug, right?  So this just exposes another bug.

Since there may be other bugs involved I think we need to go with the
simple solution first.  After the other bugs are ironed out we may move
to a more complicated method.  But the only reason we'd really want to
do so is for speed, and that hasn't been measured (and the difference is
probably negligible).

In the meantime we need a patch to fix the infinite loop.  It should be
put under a new ticket (which refers to this one, of course).

jason