Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8672) punit->occupy has no value at the server

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8672) punit->occupy has no value at the server
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:33:56 -0700

> [jdorje - Fri Jun 18 15:56:55 2004]:
>
> The "better" fix seems to be stalled.

I tried the "better" fix, and I found that the occupancy of a barbarian
transport wasn't incremented when a unit was created using
create_unit_full() on it.

The line "ptrans->occupancy++;" has to be inserted after both calls to
create_unit_full() which use a transporter parameter in
try_summon_barbarians() in server/barbarians.c.

However an autogame with those lines seems to make the server go into an
infinite loop of some sort at 500 BC at turn end.  I say "seems to"
because it might be I was just too impatient. :) Though I did try
recompiling without the two lines added and it still infinite looped on
me.  Here's a save, which incidentally matches the plain CVS save.

Also of note in the save is that there is a barbarian with 88 cities in
500 BC.  Somehow I don't think that's quite right.  The autogame was:

set randseed 46
set seed 46
create Idiot
set aifill 7
set timeout -1
hard
start

I'll recompile and run the CVS version again and see if the saves still
match, it could be that I was running some not-quite-cvs version.

-James Canete