Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic Treaty's with AI players?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic Treaty's with AI players?
From: "" <ngnetzky@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:59:11 -0400 (EDT)

I believe, that the diplomatic AI should be made more like Civ2 or Civ3 style.
Another possibility, as someone else suggested make the diplomatic AI more
"friendly" on easier levels. I started a game where I was on island by myself,
when I did meet a AI player I was of course the strongest player. So the AI and
his allies started a war with me. Towards the end of the game (where I quit), I
was no longer the strongest player. I was in fact the weakest player and they
still would not make peace with me. In my opinion, it's not always the best
stragegy to declare war on the strongest player as soon as you meet him. Also,
I believe the AI should be more "sneaky", IE make peace and when the time is
right then declare war. Well, that's my $.02 cents.

Thanks,
ngnetzky