Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8953) rules-set for specials

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8953) rules-set for specials
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:37:46 -0700

Separate Special from terrain.
I propose there to create new rules-set for special.

We can begin with the more simplest specials, to then  try to include
all ones. rivers!
finally we can move vegetate(Forest and Jungle [#3762]) and Relif[#8935]
to specials too

First proposal of syntax and semantic by a sample:

; a terrains can  get a single special of a special set
; the special will be put on map by generator in order of set defined
;if a special is a condition for a another this will be form a set
defined befor.
;
; allowed = simle boolean condition && / || operators
;                 Terrains_has(_not)_flag(Name)
;                 Terrains_has(_not)_special(Name)
;                 Terrains_has(_not)_name(Name)
;
;flag =
;           Trigger_on_touch(Action) this special trigger a action
;Action
;            “Get Hut” special is destroyed, player can get some gold,
tech or be attacked
;

[Special_Set_Specials]
user_option_name=”Special”
user_help=”...”
value_min= 0
value_max= 100
value_default=25
value_type=”percent”

[Special_Ivory]
name = ”Ivory”
graphic           = "ts.ivory"
graphic_alt     = "-"
movement_bonus      = 0
defense_bonus        = 0
food_bonus       = 1
shield_bonus     = 1
trade_bonus      = 4
allowed=Terrain_has_name(“Arctic”)
flags =

[Spetial_Oil]
name = ”Oil”
graphic           = "ts.oil"
graphic_alt     = "-"
movement_bonus      = 0
defense_bonus        = 0
food_special_bonus       = 0
shield_special_bonus     = 4
trade_special_bonus      = 0
allowed =Terrain_has_name(“Arctic”) || Terrain_has_name(“Desert”)

;some special are along in the own set.
[Special_Set_Hut]
user_option_name=”Hut”
user_help=”...”
value_min= 0
value_max= 500
value_default=50
value_type=”amount”

[Special_Hut]
name = ”Hut”
graphic           = "ts.hut"
graphic_alt     = "-"
movement_bonus      = 0
defense_bonus        = 0
food_special_bonus       = 0
shield_special_bonus     = 0
trade_special_bonus      = 0
allowed=Terrains_has_not_flag(“Oceanic”)  && Temperature(15,100)
flags = Trigger_on_touch(“Get Hut”)

Marcelo