Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#717) WISHLIST: Goto cursor shows movecost

To: Brett.Albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sigra@xxxxxxx, stepan@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#717) WISHLIST: Goto cursor shows movecost
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 22:31:56 -0700

> [Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Sun Jan 25 19:52:42 2004]:

> How about this: you take Raimar's decoration patch and propel it into CVS
> (or reject it).  Then you rewrite the 717 patch to use decorations AND do
> the text on the left (if it can be done easily, why not straight away?).

The decorations patch is much more ambitious.  It should probably
include all of goto as well as the citymap overlay.  Although I'm still
not sure what advantage it really gives, other than being more
extensible (which is good but I don't know what we're going to extend
the mapview to do).

> Alternatively, just do the text instead of graphics and let Raimar's
patch
> wait for another decade or so.

This version of the patch does the text and the graphics.  But
personally I think the text is rather useless.

See also http://www.freeciv.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38.  In that topic
a player proposes almost exactly the same sprite method used by the patch.

So I'd like to go forward with this as it is now...

jason