Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8754) effects patch

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8754) effects patch
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 09:05:49 -0700

> [mburda - Mon May 31 15:30:26 2004]:
>
> Hi,
> the effect GIVE_IMM_ADV add some amount of tech, i need to add single
> tech of my own choice. we can make a separate effect for this or extend
> GIVE_IMM_ADV to get a name instead a number?

Let me see if I understand this. You want the construction of a building
to give a certain ruleset hardcoded tech as an effect?

This is not impossible to add, but the effect value passed is something
other than an int in that case. I suppose one could make the values
variable typed and cast the Tech_Type_id to an int value. Then one would
need some sort of cast system to find out the type of a value and so on.

Like I said, the more features you people expect from the effect system,
the more it will look like a programming language. :-P