Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8767) AI Diplomacy is too rigid

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8767) AI Diplomacy is too rigid
From: "Billy Naylor" <banjo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 01:32:22 -0700

Playing Freeciv with the April 10 cvs src, i am struck by
how rigid alliances seem to be.

Often my first ally lasts 4000 years!
The game seems to split into a world war of 2 alliances.

Also if i am thrashing an ai and meet with it to
discuss peace, it will refuse to deal with me, unless
it's the Alliance Leader. Leaving me no option, but
to utterly destroy it.

I feel the Diplomacy needs to be more fluid.

Suggestions:

1) An AI being offered cease-fire or peace by a Superior
   Enemy, should not feel too bound by it's alliances
   ( especially if they cannot help it out ).

2) Maybe revolution revokes alliances without penalty.
   The alliance can be remade after the revolution, but
   it would loosen up the grand alliance frameworks.

-banjo