Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8743) starting points in scenarios

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8743) starting points in scenarios
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 00:59:16 -0700

I noticed and reported this before (can't find the ticket right now) but
never realized that this is our fault.

Starting points in scenarios list the nation to be placed there by
index.  So if you place the Americans in North America you're putting
nation 37 (or whatever) there.  This works fine until the user adds
another nation - then it will all break.

This is our fault because we now allow people to add new nations
willy-nilly, but we never fixed this part of it.

Also, a scenario that has starting positions listed should only allow
players to choose a nation from the set of available starting positions.

jason