Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Alternate Idea for Implementing Long Games

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Alternate Idea for Implementing Long Games
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:08:14 -0300 (ADT)

I am writing blind as in being I dont know how many months behind, the
mailing-lists messages accumulated unread along with all the smap etc
coming in over same span. So forgive me if someone already came up with
this or if I have failed to respond on topics I was once involved in.

I have been playing on the pubservers lately. Trying to find ways around
the various time-pressure problems and time-pressure tactics and
time-pressure acts of "god and/or nature" and time-pressure strategies and
so on.

So, here is a possibly new idea for maybe yet another way to attempt to
approach and maybe even handle some part of some such problems.

How about a database of saved games searchable by combination of players.
So when a number of players are all at a servers seeking a game, the DB
can be searched to find is this precise combination of players actually
presently on file as having a game in progress.

Thus, they will be able to go like ahhh its finally everyone is all here!
Now at last we can possibly all have time to make a move or few in game
number thus and such...

-MarkM- (Lately been playing Pierre Trudeau usually).