Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6476) why is the Lighthouse Wonder buildable in landlo

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6476) why is the Lighthouse Wonder buildable in landlocked cities?
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 18:34:47 -0700

> [jdorje - Fri Feb 27 01:26:10 2004]:
>
> > [guest - Sat Oct 11 12:30:23 2003]:
> >
> > I am playing the CVS snapshot release (compiled on 10/10/03) and in my
> > game I have a city, Meneltarma - I'm playing as the Dunedain, that has
> > the Lighthouse Wonder available in the production queue. My city is a
> > landlocked city. It only makes sense that the Lighthouse and Magellan's
> > Expedition should be excluded for cities not adjacent to a sea square.
>
> Lighthouse, magellans, hoover dam are all buildable everywhere.
>
> In the civ2 ruleset this might be for compatability.  (Any civ2 people
> know?)  Regardless, we shouldn't change it without seeing documentation.
>
> In the default ruleset we can change it, though.  We should balance
> gameplay versus realism.  Obviously realism would argue against
> landlocked cities.  Design board: will you comment on this?
>
> jason

Civ2 player-
Yeah... but if we try to make freeciv like real world, it would be 1GB
without graphics, because there is a LOT of stuff that is not teal-like.
And civ (almost 600MB) doesn't has all the real life rules, and it would
take years to make a version of freeciv that is Real-like, so,don't
expect much! but a few changes could be done...
Kroc
P.S.
Please visite my website about freeciv.gaming
http://members.cpx.net/freeciv.gaming