Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8650) (PR: #4712)

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8650) (PR: #4712)
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 03:24:18 -0700

  Oh my, why I find this ticket only now when I'm almost finished patch
that will clash with it.

  My goal was to remove need to update version information to multiple
places when version changes. Version information is in file 'version.in'
from which it is read into configure.ac, configure.in, common/version.h,
and data/Freeciv. Simply put, 'version.in' uses macros to tell version
and these macros are defined depending on programming language used when
including it. So, for configure.ac and configure.in they look like m4
macros, for common/version.h like C preprocessor macros. I'm still
missing part where data/Freeciv is generated using version.in.

  Should I 'rm -Rf
freeciv_patch_directory_with_obscure_name_for_diff_pipe_sed_purposes' or
finish my work?

  - Caz