Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8651) Cygwin gtk client build requires -mms-bitfields

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8651) Cygwin gtk client build requires -mms-bitfields
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 05:12:15 -0700

  I think I saw discussion about this earlier, but couldn't find
relevant ticket and mailing list search was not functional.

  Environment:
  I'm updated my cygwin environment to lastest releases just a couple of
days back.
  gcc version 3.3.1 (cygming special)
  About GTK runtime I have no clue. I grabbed copy somewhere last
summer, but I don't know if it was latest vesion even then. I'd rather
not reistall it to test if it helps, since I have programs (correctly
compiled freeciv versions mainly :) that do work with current setup. In
case update/using different built from GTK turns out headache, I'm
leaving it into future when I have more free time to work with it. As
you can see, I'm definitely no expert on GTK or windows (more so when
they are mixed) usage. Any useful commands to check what I've got?

When I simply:

 > mkdir fciv_build_default
 > cd fciv_build_default
 > ../freeciv_src/autogen.sh
 > make

  Attempts to start client end to alert attached as png.

When I:

 > mkdir fciv_build_mms_bitfields
 > cd fciv_build_mms_bitfields
 > export CFLAGS="-mms-bitfields"
 > ../freeciv_src/autogen.sh
 > make

  produced client starts ok.

  I have no idea how to cleanly check need for '-mms-bitfields' in
configure. And if we are to support pre 3.0 gcc, we need to use
'-fnative-struct' instead. (AFAIK neither works for both gcc 2.x and 3.x)

  - Caz

PNG image