Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Failing to link with a QPE client -- any hints?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Failing to link with a QPE client -- any hints?
From: Frederic Briere <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:14:25 -0400

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 10:59:12AM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> You can examine the object files:
> $ nm common/timing.o|grep start_timer
> 00000210 T start_timer
> $ nm common/libcivcommon.a|grep start_timer
> 00000210 T start_timer

root@toroia:/freeciv-1.14.1# nm common/timing.o|grep start_timer
00000200 T start_timer
root@toroia:/freeciv-1.14.1# nm common/libcivcommon.a|grep start_timer
00000200 T start_timer

> I suspect that somehow your libcivcommon.a doesn't contain the symbol
> in question.

If I use the same libcivcommon.a to link with the gui-xaw client,
everything works fine.  I just can't wrap my head around this.

> As a last resort you can also remove the timers from the agents file.

Thanks, I didn't know if it was critical or not.  That did the trick.
(Though I still want to figure out how to cleanly solve this issue.)

--
             Frederic Briere    <*>    fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx

 =>  <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxx> IS NO MORE:  <http://www.abacomsucks.com>  <=