Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8424) moving a unit causes CMA to fail

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8424) moving a unit causes CMA to fail
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 04:06:30 -0800

It may be normal in that unhappiness arises from another
source. But the CMA should not "release" the caravel, right?

Or is this a case where info is dynamically updated during
a turn rather than the CMA running off of cached stats that
are updated at specific point in the turn cycle to make
sure that the algorithms are consistent and reproducible?

Note:
This does/should not fix any unhappiness problem, and any
rearrangement of tiles that reduces shields to a level
that would cause a unit loss is presumably a *bad*
choice for the CMA algorithm, another potential bug.

Hopefully, one can sort out just where the error
actually is by walking the process in the debugger if
you actually have a savegame that brackets the series
of calls.

Cheers,
RossW
=====