Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8424) moving a unit causes CMA to fail

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8424) moving a unit causes CMA to fail
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:54:47 -0800

Jason Short wrote:

> I conquered a city.
>
> Then I moved a caravel into that city.
>
> Then the CMA for the caravel's hometown failed.  Unhappiness had become
> too high.  However the caravel was NOT causing any unhappiness.
>
> I'm pretty positive about the order.  I have savegames from before and
> after if needed.

- Take the savegame game4.gz attached to the ticket; connect as jdorje.
- Conquer the city with the horsemen.
- Move the caravel into the city.

On the third step the caravel's homecity becomes unhappy and the CMA
releases it.

I think this is just a metter of delayed sending from server to client.
  THe server is updated but the client doesn't receive the info until
the "next move" (caravel moving into the city).  But perhaps I'm wrong
and this behavior is normal?  I hope not.

jason