Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7123) [FS#8] First public version

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7123) [FS#8] First public version
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 01:08:32 -0800

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 03:11:59PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> Jason Short wrote:
> >
> > Jason Short wrote:

> >>And another problem:
> >>
> >>client/Makefile.am has gui-fs included twice in the subdirs.  This
> >>causes compilation to fail.
> >

> > Err, this isn't exactly the problem.  But there is a big problem in the
> > bootstrap.  I've had to edit it a lot to get it to work (assuming it
> > does work).
>
> After lots of editing of the bootstrap code, I got it to compile.  Then
> it took some more work to find verdana

> (WHY use a proprietary font set???)

Because it is a good one. The free fonts I have found so far show bugs
in small sizes.

http://www.freeciv.org/~rfalke/fs3_pics/vera_vs_verdana-small.png
shows this for Vera. Feel free to point out other free fonts.

At some point we will ship FS with a free font. But I will strongly
encourage people to get and use Verdana because it looks better.

> Finally I ran it.  It did nothing for a while

Really nothing. Do you have started the server with an savegame and
commanded "start"?

> and then crashed when I clicked in the wrong place.

Then don't do this ;)

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Q:  Do you know what the death rate around here is?