Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cannot compile GTK2 client

To: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cannot compile GTK2 client
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:22:41 +0000 (WET)

You certainly have a GTK+ version >= 2.0.0. But you likely do not have a
version >= 2.2.1. Debian stables are notorious for being always out of
date, which is why there are all those jokes about how the XFree86 4.4.0
licensing problem will not be an issue for the next 10 years, and so on.
:-)

That is why most people I know who use Debian go with testing or unstables.

The GTK+ 2 client in version 1.14.1 required GTK+ >= 2.0.0. The one in CVS
HEAD requires >= 2.2.1.

You may check your current GTK+ library version by typing:
pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --modversion

The latest version of GTK+ is 2.4.0. The last version of the 2.2.x series
was 2.2.4.

IIRC.

---