Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New FS screen shots

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New FS screen shots
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:15:36 -0500

Morgan Jones wrote:
On 15/03/2004, you wrote:

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 06:58:38PM +1300, Morgan Jones wrote:

On 14/03/2004, you wrote:

I implemented the focus tile and focus item. All the time a tile
is focused (get a red border).

A thought: The red border idea won't work easily for isometric view
as units and city graphics are often taller than the actual diamond
shaped tile.

To be honest: I haven't put much thought into isometric view. But
you are right. Any ideas?

Take a look at gui-sdl. You may have to look at an older version since the current one won't compile. It has a spinning circle underneath (in 3d) the unit. This means part of the circle is in front of and part is behind the unit (actually the whole thing may be "behind").

This is something that shouldn't be gui-specific; it should be part of the drawing code in mapview_common (except this drawing code isn't in mapview_common yet; see PR#3572).

jason