Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7445) mapview scrolling

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7445) mapview scrolling
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:49:20 -0800

> Fed up with our attempts at hacking around the problem, I just
> implemented it the way it should be (tm).

The patch looks ok.  But you are right about off-by-one problems.

A couple of glitches
topo 5, xs 40, ys 40, isotrident

1. Middle click will give you tiles to the right of the one you click on
unless you click near the left corner.  I guess canvas_to_map is broken.

2. Centering (other than caused by the above):
scroll right as far as possible.  Click on the right tile (better be
something you remeber, like a unit or a whale).  After centering the
"center" tile is actually near the left edge.

3. In the overview window the white rectangle zigzags or jumps (depends on
topo and scroll direction) when you scroll.

4. Cannot scroll past "date change line".  This could be regarded a
feature I guess.

5. Question: if gui coordinates extend indefinitely in both directions,
isn't there a danger of overflow?

G.