Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7287) Extended Topologies

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7287) Extended Topologies
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 06:31:58 -0800

Hi,
there is a tested version of the init_topo code working in
map-iso-coordinates, the maview is extended to more general topologies
and tuned for map-iso-coordinates.
uranus is there and mobius too, (i kip uranus but i thinck it need to
disapear later to limite a litle the number of topos, uranus is exact
the some topologie than classic, but we can wait qincuncial patch for
it)

client: gtk, gtk2 and xaw

the generator fixes for poles are workin in iso-map-coordinates too and
make nice poles for all topos

math is optimized but iso-map-coordinates are heavy impact where
actived, probably we can write wraps directly in map-coordinates,
spetialy in normalize_map_pos, the virtual function can help there to
have separated code for it.
this is a very hard work but my optimized model can help. we need thinck
at it. Topologies are near zero speed impact, that is not a problem.

we make 3 optimizations
1)some virtual function to avoid cast and make clear code

2)normalize only normalize near orbit pos, far orbit stop with asserts.
(this force coders to never forget a normalize)

3)normalize is retarded to preserve information for more general
topologie( code are forced to use carrefully normalize) but this last
point are important for quincuncial. not for the topos included there.

at this point i am waiting the patch to be totaly or partial assepted.

TODO
eventually code normalize directly in map-coordinates for the
iso-map-coordinate

alow user to set directly xsize and ysize is not good and need to be
disalowed.

test, and more test.

I wait for your comments.