Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7344) Expanded Orders

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7344) Expanded Orders
From: "Arnstein Lindgard" <a-l@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:03:02 -0800

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:05:16 -0800 Raimar Falke wrote:

> What is ORDER_NONE?

It's convenient and more explicit for a default in savegame, and
in a couple of places in client as with:

  hover_mission = ORDER_NONE
    just like
  hover_state = HOVER_NONE

instead of ORDER_LAST.

> > +  /* "Actions" not technically "activities". */
>
> You mean:
>
>   One-shot actions are not part of "enum unit_activity".
>
> ?

Yes I suppose they all have instant duration, I'll change the
comment.

> > +/* For client to determine which sprite to display. */
> > +enum movement_type {
> > +  GOTO_ORDERS, PATROL_ORDERS, STATIONARY_ORDERS
> > +};
>
> The values should get a prefix.

I'll put ORDERS first then?

> > +    /* Information for client to display sprites correctly. */
> > +    enum unit_orders mission;       /* The last order in the list. */
> > +    enum movement_type move_type;   /* Goto, Patrol, Stationary.   */
>
> I really don't like this. We should really send the order list back to
> the client. We agreed on this before and the above is only a kludge
> around this.

Jason, do we agree to send the list back? Should be quick to change.

Arnstein