[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7282) connect as orders

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7282) connect as orders
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:02:25 -0800

ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 01:47:07PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

>>Here is a preliminary patch to implement the "connect" functionality
>>using orders.
>>
>>Currently it only works for road, rail, and irrigation.  I'm not sure
>>other behaviors are worth it...
>
> I would like a "connection" of mines or the possibility to mine a given
> area.

Seems to me that the "connect" functionality should vary depending on
the activity.

- road, railroad: build roads from here to there.  This is what connect
does now.

- mine: go there and build a mine.  This is quite easy.

- irrigation: build irrigation from any water to there, minimizing
overall time.  This is hard.

- fortress: ?

jason