[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7081) Showing known terrain inside borders

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7081) Showing known terrain inside borders
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:50:07 -0800

> [ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Wed Dec 10 22:17:34 2003]:
>
> I haven't found the rt-number but i think this is an old topic.
>
> Showing terrain inside the borders and the full cityradius would be
> really nice.
>
> It would help the AI a lot because sometimes it calculates the
position
> of a city because of the reachable specials and not the explored.

I'd suggest a 3-valued server variable (visiontype?):

0 - cities have vision range 1
1 - all land within city radius is visible
2 - all land within borders is visible

Note that some land may be within the city radius but not the border.
However, I think this should satisfy the wishlist request for city
radius vision as well.  And remember, not all games are played with
borders.