[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Veteran patch v6 (PR#4044)

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx, james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Veteran patch v6 (PR#4044)
From: "andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:44:31 -0800

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> I've fixed two bugs (thanks Gen), actually removed short_name and cleaned
> up the rulesets so that they should now make no substantial game play
> changes in either civ1, civ2 or default rulesets. I think. Please someone,
> double-check my assumptions here by reading the new rulesets and
> crosscheck against their own memory.
>
> Unless new, exciting bugs or misfeatures show up in a few days, I will be
> committing this soon. No doubt some adjustments must be done to it, but
> since this is a release goal I think there is no reason for further delay.

I couldn't find any bugs, but how about displaying units at the lowest
veteran level without any distinctions? This is the case in most games
with veteran levels that I know, such as Red Alert 2. In the military
people with the lowest rank don't have any military distrinctions.
This will give less clutter around units and make it easier to spot
units with a higher veteran level.

  Andreas Røsdal