[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7104) Windows GTK+ isotrident documentation error?

To: vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7104) Windows GTK+ isotrident documentation error?
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:18:23 -0800

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> would help some unwary soul if the GTK+ package actually used in the
> build was specified.

Why is that relevant? The newest version should work for binary installs,
AFAIK. If you mean for building from source... ick. I use old versions of
everything because all the newer versions of pretty much everything seem
broken.

> This would lead one to belive that any GTK+ client can support the
> isotrident tileset, including the Windows GTK+ client.
>
> Now, when I actually run the Windows GTK+ client and try "--tiles
> isotrident," it says "Client does not support isometric tilesets. Using
> default tileset instead."The \data directory doesn't contain the
> isotrident files, so this packaging looks deliberate.

I thought 1.14.1 gtk client should support isotrident. CVS version
certainly does. I'll look into it.

  - Per