[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7098) Incorrect Windows GTK version designation

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7098) Incorrect Windows GTK version designation
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:46:13 -0800

I've downloaded freeciv-1.14.1-gtk.exe for Windows, which according to
the website should be a stable release version.  However, "Add/Remove
Programs" lists it as 1.14.1-beta4.  Is this cosmetic, i.e. nobody
changed the version string?

[aside]

In case anyone's wondering, I'm looking at the GTK version because I
need CMA and it's not available in the Windows Native version.  As far
as I'm concerned, the Windows Native version is not playable when the
default algorithm is always trying to make as much money for cities as
possible.  Cities don't end up growing or producing anything, they're
always doing foolishnesses like farming ocean squares that are only
worth 1-0-2.  I've read in the docs that the default algorithm is
designed to speed up Research, which is really silly given how fast AIs
will currently do your research for you!  Anyways, I've futzed and
re-futzed the city tiles for the last time.  It's too annoying changing
everything, then having it all change back whenever population
increases.

[/aside]

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.