[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#1726) [Wishlist] Wells

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#1726) [Wishlist] Wells
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 19:36:08 -0800

> [raven@xxxxxxxxx - Thu Dec 04 19:28:51 2003]:
> Not a really big deal, but worth pondering.  Perhaps at least something to
> make sure cities left to choose what they build won't be likely to choose
> Harbor if they only have one ocian square.  (Or is there already some
> catch mechanism for that?

Sometimes I will build a harbor for a one-tile lake, if it has fish or
whales.  More importantly, for lakes that have say 10 or 20 tiles, I
will build one city that can reach the most number of lake squares and
build a harbor there.  So, I would hate to have a mechanism that forced
me not to build harbors.

What I think would really be helpful is another column in the city
report that shows how many ocean squares are available to a city (and I
wouldn't count ones that are "over the border").  Then it would be easy
to sort on that column and deselect cities with too few ocean squares
when you are ready to build harbors or offshore platforms.

--

++JohnWheeler