[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6978) A New Intro Graphic?

To: bhuang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6978) A New Intro Graphic?
From: "Ilkka Lehtoranta" <ilkleht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:37:18 -0800

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:

> I like it. I'm especially interrested in a "Freeciv Style". The GTK
> clients could be using themes/skin. But so far nobody made any. Also
> the SDL client
> (http://www.freeciv.org/screenshots/1.14.1/rb-sdl/sdl1.png) has a
> style. But this style isn't ... isn't ... very unique. There is not
> much recognition value except for the buttons.

http://www.lehtoranta.net/freeciv/FreeCiv-Pegasos.png

This is gui-mui client on MorphOS. Gradients are part of MUI toolkit and
have nothing to do with Freeciv but with very few effects Freeciv could
look more like a game.

I remember Civ2 on Mac had background patterns in its Windows... Very
small change but gives atmosphere and you dont get datasheet feeling
anymore.

Btw in this screenshot there is scrolling starfield animation behind
Freeciv globe. Actually, looks quite good and I've thought adding similar
effect to the spaceship dialog.

  Greets, Ilkka