[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7003) Re: core file on civserver, http://civserver.fre

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7003) Re: core file on civserver, http://civserver.freeciv.org/games/231727
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:31:13 -0800

> [i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Sun Nov 30 21:20:39 2003]:

> Server output:
>
> 0: Detected fatal error in cityturn.c line 157:
> 0: Huanuco is illegal (size1 w1 e2 t0 s0) in cityturn.c line 174
>
> Interresting stack trace. However I can't reproduce this from the last
> savegame.

Bugs like this generally aren't reproducable from savegame, since when
you reload a savegame, even in an all-AI game, the loaded game doesn't
proceed the same as the original.

The main reason for this is shuffle_players.  The shuffling is
recalculated at the beginning of the turn, and again when you reload the
game.  There's a PR# for this, somewhere.

jason