[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7029) Rfc: Fleshing out/extending the tech tree

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7029) Rfc: Fleshing out/extending the tech tree
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:41:24 -0800

One of the things that always bugged me about Freeciv was the tech tree:
after fusion power, came Future Technology 1, then Future Technology 2,
and so on.
In campaigns with large landmasses, the techtree would be exhausted
early, and I'd be stuck with all these FTs which ammounted to nothing
interesting, specially for a science-fiction fan like myself. In most
cases I'd reach the FTs in the latter half of the 20th century, so it
wasn't that terrible a problem... but considering Freeciv can reach much
further into the future, it is a more noticeable annoyance.

So this is a request for comments on fleshing out the modern age and
conservatively extending the tech tree into the near future.

Please add to this ticket with ideas of plausible modern/near-future techs,
units, improvements and wonders that could be included into Freeciv's
rulesets.