[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6862) NonMil flag for transporters

To: a-l@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6862) NonMil flag for transporters
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:21:53 -0800

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 09:43:39AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> Arnstein Lindgard wrote:
> >
> > Add "NonMil" flag to Galleons and Transporters for all 3 rulesets.
> > If this cause trouble for the AI, we could alternatively disable
> > auto-attack by checking for attack strength > 0.
>
> If all the NonMil flag does is specify which units have nonzero attack
> strength, what is the point?

If you search for is_military_unit() you will find the usages of
NonMil. Summary: either NonMill or attack strength == 0 forbid
attacking. NonMil unit can't be used for martial law. NonMil units
can't capture a city. There are also some references in the goto and
the autoattack code.

> So the auto-attack code should check the attack strenght, not the flag.

We should add new flags for F_MARTIAL_LAW and F_CAPTURE_CITY.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 checking for the vaidity of the Maxwell laws on this machine... ok