Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] More problems with troops in the field

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] More problems with troops in the field
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:24:18 -0300 (ADT)

I think that its not just not displaying the Suffrage bonus, I think
possibly its not applying the penalty for troops in the field correctly.

It doesnt seem as if a troop in the field is causing any unhappiness.
Maybe two might but one doesnt. So maybe it is silently applying the
Suffrage effect and not saying so just doing it. But even before I built
Suffrage I was suspicious that it wasn't applying the unhappiness
correctly in the first place. So maybe what might have happened was maybe
I was getting the suffrage effect silently even before I ever build the
suffrage wonder, then after building it still get the effect still
silently so the wonder seems to have made no difference.

I already suspected these problems back with the 1.13 that came with
RedHat 8.0 and am now still seeing them with 1.14 beta (not the new 1.14.1
just announced, I cannot test 1.14.1 until its in RPM form).

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/