Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Does Womans Suffrage actualyl work?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Does Womans Suffrage actualyl work?
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:44:34 -0300 (ADT)

I keep getting the impression that Womans Suffrage isn't working. That was
in the 1.13 that came with RedHat 8.0 but also in the 1.14 beta (not the
1.14.1 just announced since that isnt in RPM form yet that I know if so I
cannot try it yet).

I have not rigorously examined this, maybe it just silently gives the
benefit without mentioning it? I dont see it listed on the wonders line of
the happiness display in the city management window. It is mentioning my
cure for cancer and my Bach's Cathedral but it never says a word about the
Suffrage. It seems like it just isn't applying it? It seems to me it used
to work on my own machine with whatever version I used to use there, but
ever since I started using this box - the household router box - both with
the default 1.13 that came with RedHat 8.0 and with this 1.14 beta that I
finally got working, I have never seen any noticable effect from the
Suffrage Wonder. And I always build it. Its one of the ones the AI seems
either to never be serious about building (just pretending its going to
but never finishing it) or maybe just one of the ones I try harder to get
than it does. Hmmm. This 1.14 eta managed to complete Shakespear's whereas
the 1.13 never seemed to ever finish that, I would get way ahead, get my
dam and suffrage, and even when I finally went for medicine to get my
sewer systems and cure for cancer it still would not have ever actually
bothered to complete its theatre so I'd end up grabbing that too. But the
1.14 does complete it.

Maybe it never bothered with suffrage because unlike me it already knew
the thing doesn't work? :)

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/