Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6566) Re: Re: Barbarians

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6566) Re: Re: Barbarians
From: "Jason Short" <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:46:39 -0700

--On Sunday, October 19, 2003 7:43 AM -0700 "Per I. Mathisen"
<per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh? The AI is the single biggest consumer of CPU in the server by far. Are
> you saying that the end of turn delay is of no importance?

The end-of-turn delay caused by the server is of very little importance in
my experience.  The client takes much longer to show the data than the
server does to generate it.  Even on an arbitrarily fast machine this takes
time since the animations have to be drawn and left on-screen for the
player to see.

jason