Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: add a 'topology' server variable allowing varied X and

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: add a 'topology' server variable allowing varied X and Y wrapping (PR#6287)
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:29:44 -0700

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What more would you suggest other than the current wrapping descriptions
> or simply stopping to think about what the surface of a donut would
> actually look like.

I can suggest, for example, spelling donut differently ;)  And before I am
accused of anti-american bias I would like to cite Merriam-Webster which
lists doughnut as the primary variant.

Saying that do(ugh)nut is actually a torus can help those who are on
Atkins diet and haven't seen a do(uhg)nut for a long time.  Some
mathematically inclined people would also prefer torus ;)

G.

P.S. I didn't know this thing about Uranus.  I am quite surprised.